Children and young people are at the heart of what we do in the Doncaster OA.
We have a group of Doncaster youth ambassadors who are working with us to ensure that young people are at the heart of our plan. The youth ambassadors have already:
- Been on the radio to talk about the Opportunity Area
- Met with the Education Secretary about the programme
- Developed ideas for a marketing campaign to promote Doncaster as a great place to live
- Sat on bid assessment panels
- Spoken at events on our behalf
If you’re interested in knowing more and possibly becoming a youth ambassador, email us at Doncaster.OA@education.gov.uk
Civic Mayor Awards
Doncaster Opportunity Area are proud to be sponsoring this year’s Doncaster Civic Mayor Awards and we encourage you to nominate a young person who deserves recognition for their achievements.
The first Civic Mayor Awards will be taking place in April and nominations are now open, if you have been inspired by a young person, whether they have made a difference to their local community oir school, used their voice to champion the rights of young people, or made achievements in areas such as sports, music, drama or culture, then please nominate them for one of the six Civic Mayor Awards.
The deadline for all nominations is 1st March 2019