The Doncaster Opportunity Area partnership board made up of representatives from organisations across Doncaster including the largest Teaching School Alliance (and now EEF Research School), the Children’s Services Trust and the charitable arm of the Doncaster Rovers Football Club. It brings together those people who can make a different in Doncaster by overseeing and influencing successful deliver of this plan.
To support the partnership board, four working groups have been established that will help deliver the activities set out against each of the priorities. The partnership board will meet regularly to oversee progress, working alongside the Department for Education and other national organisations to ensure the programme is coherent, effective and represents good value for money.
Professor Sir Chris Husbands
Professor Sir Chris Husbands is a university leader, academic, educationalist and public servant. His expertise in educational policy and improvement led to his appointment as CoChair of the former Doncaster Education and Skills Board. He became Vice-Chancellor of Sheffield Hallam University in January 2016 and during this time has been leading work across the region to drive improvements in education and skills – particularly through the South Yorkshire Futures programme.
Partnership Board members
- Damian Allen: Director of People, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
- Carolyn Blundell: Associate Executive Principal, Outwood Grange Academies Trust
- Nigel Brewster: Partner, Brewster Pratap and Vice Chair Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
- Janet Foster: Executive Headteacher, Kirk Sandall Academy Trust and Director of Primary Teaching School Alliance, Partners in Learning
- Clare Hutchinson: Area Manager – North, The Careers & Enterprise Company
- Jim Lord: CEO, Club Doncaster Foundation
- Paul Moffatt: Chief Executive, Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Helen Redford-Hernandez: Headteacher Hungerhill School and Lead Director of Secondary Teaching School, Partners in Learning
- Lisa Suter: Headteacher, Heatherwood Special School
- Anne Tyrrell: CEO, Doncaster College (part of DN Colleges Group)
The meetings are also attended by the Regional Schools Commissioner and by Department for Education members of staff, who provide advice and support to the partnership board.