The Opportunity Area Partnership Board is made up of representatives from organisations across Doncaster including school leaders, the largest Teaching School Alliance, the Children’s Services Trust, the Careers and Enterprise Company and the charitable arm of the Doncaster Rovers Football Club. It brings together people who can make a difference by overseeing and influencing successful delivery of our plan.
To support the partnership board, we have established working groups to help deliver the activities set out in each of the priorities. The Partnership Board will meet regularly to oversee progress, working alongside the DfE and other national organisations to ensure the programme is coherent, effective and represents good value for money.
Professor Sir Chris Husbands
Professor Sir Chris Husbands is a university leader, academic, educationalist and public servant. His expertise in educational policy and improvement led to his appointment as CoChair of the former Doncaster Education and Skills Board. He became Vice-Chancellor of Sheffield Hallam University in January 2016 and has been leading work across the region to drive improvements in education and skills – particularly through the South Yorkshire Futures programme.
Partnership Board members
- Damian Allen: Director of People, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
- Carolyn Blundell: Associate Executive Principal, Outwood Grange Academies Trust
- Nigel Brewster: Partner, Brewster Pratap and Vice Chair Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership
- Janet Foster: Executive Headteacher, Kirk Sandall Academy Trust and Director of Primary Teaching School Alliance, Partners in Learning
- Clare Hutchinson: Area Manager – North, The Careers & Enterprise Company
- Jim Lord: CEO, Club Doncaster Foundation
- Paul Moffatt: Chief Executive, Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Helen Redford-Hernandez: Headteacher Hungerhill School and Lead Director of Secondary Teaching School, Partners in Learning
- Lisa Suter: Headteacher, Heatherwood Special School
- Anne Tyrrell: CEO, Doncaster College (part of DN Colleges Group)
The meetings are also attended by the Regional Schools Commissioner and Department for Education members of staff, who provide advice and support to the partnership board.
If you want to get in touch with the team please contact Doncaster.OA@education.gov.uk