An independent board oversees the Doncaster Opportunity Area. It brings together talented and committed senior leaders from schools, communities, business and central and local government. These individuals bring experience, insight, and ambition for Doncaster and its young people.
To support the board, we have established working groups to help deliver the activities set out in each of the priorities. The Partnership Board meet regularly to oversee progress, working alongside the DfE and other national organisations to ensure the programme is coherent, effective and represents good value for money.
Professor Sir Chris Husbands
Professor Sir Chris Husbands is a university leader, academic, educationalist and public servant. His expertise in educational policy and improvement led to his appointment as CoChair of the former Doncaster Education and Skills Board. He became Vice-Chancellor of Sheffield Hallam University in January 2016 and has been leading work across the region to drive improvements in education and skills – particularly through the South Yorkshire Futures programme.
Partnership Board members
- Damian Allen: Director of People, Doncaster Council
- Carolyn Blundell: Associate Executive Principal, Outwood Grange Academies Trust
- Nigel Brewster: Partner and Managing Director, Brewster Partners
- Janet Foster: Director of Primary at Partners in Learning, Partners in Learning
- Anna Frazer: Head of Employer Engagement The Careers & Enterprise Company
- Jim Lord: CEO: Club Doncaster Foundation
- Paul Moffatt: Chief Executive, Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Helen Redford-Hernandez: Headteacher of Hungerhill School and Director of Secondary at Partners in Learning
- Helen Bellinger: Director of Doncaster Research School
- Anne Tyrrell: CEO, Doncaster College (part of DN Colleges Group)
The meetings are also attended by the Regional Schools Commissioner for East Midlands and the Humber and Department for Education members of staff, who provide advice and support to the partnership board.